Marbella is by no means off the professional sporting calendar. If you love to watch top-level tennis, you’ll be glad to know that seven world-class tennis champions will compete on your doorstep this year at the Senior Masters Cup in Marbella.
The tournament returns to our town for the third year running on 28 and 29 September 2018, making this the third edition of the Senior Masters Cup, held yet again at the prestigious Puente Romano Tennis Club on Marbella’s Golden Mile. This year, the ball will be hit at the Manolo Santana centre court over only two days instead of the usual three-day competition.
This is a major sporting and social event in Marbella and former tournament champion Carlos Moya will return to defend his title against two ex-number 1 players: Marat Safin and Juan Carlos Ferrero. Then there are old favourites Goran Ivanisevic, Yannick Noah, Albert Costa and Sebastien Grosjean who also guarantee a high standard of tennis, competition and entertainment.
On Thursday 27 September, a pre-event will be held for children from Marbella’s tennis academies so that they can meet and accompany their sporting heroes. An official dinner for players is scheduled for the evening, welcoming not only the international tennis stars but also VIPs from Marbella and Málaga.
Senior Masters Cup and Puente Romano facts:
- Attracted more than 6,500 spectators last year
- Over 93 million impacts in the media
- More than 700,000 impressions in social networks
- Promoted by Tennium, an international company that also promotes other international competitions such as the European and Argentina Open
- The Puente Romano Club has ten tennis courts: eight clay and two hard
- Centre court seats approximately 2,500 people
- Puente Romano held the Davis Cup 2018 earlier this year